Monday, May 3, 2010

Cape Peninsular flip over by davemore at Garmin Connect - Details

Cape Peninsular flip over by davemore at Garmin Connect - Details

3x sandwiches
1x hot cross bun
1x Jungle oat energy bar
1x Gu energy gel
3x 800ml bottles of water and energy drink
2x 340ml cans of coke

All this was still not enough!

Eating properly on long endurance rides is like an art. I have bonked so many times before, sometimes so badly that I have had to be picked up (usually by my number one supporter and girlfriend, Jayde) because I wasn't able to make it back home (or to the next place where I could get food). This is purely because I always underestimate how much fuel my body needs to keep me going for such a long period of time. I can go through a three hour ride without having to eat much at all but as soon as I do a ride that is over three hours I have to take my eating to a whole different level and consume a large amount! At least on this ride this food and drink got me through about 5hrs45min and it was only really the last 30min that I was feeling rather depleted and was able to make it home without having to be rescued.

No comments:

Post a Comment