Friday, May 14, 2010

Something for Charity

BEN Red Hill Charity Cycle Challenge 2010

I have signed up to take part in a charity cycle challenge (details below). The only problem is that it takes place on the Sunday after the AMArider 100 miler (160km) mountain bike race, which is on the Saturday! Obviously I'm always up for a challenge and would therefore like to do as many laps as I can, however, this will depend largely on the state of my muscles due to the 100 miler.


Dear friends and family.

I have entered an endurance event called the Redhill Charity Challenge to raise money for the Bicycling Empowerment Network ( BEN ). BEN is an NGO that uses donations from all over the world to empower previously disadvantaged communities to become more mobile and self sufficient by using bicycles. Recipients are given free bicycles and helmets as well as safety and bike maintenance training. This costs approximately R2000.00 per person and changes their lives forever. If you would like to read more about the charity, click on this link: http://www.benbikes.org.za/

I am going to see how many times I can complete a 29km lap which includes the tough circuit of Red Hill , one of the toughest hills around to ascend. My goal is 7 laps 203km but you can sponsor me to do more laps and set me a challenge to raise more money for charity. You can sponsor as little as R100.00 for this great cause: please go to http://www.benbikes.org.za/charitychallenge/entrants.php , scroll down to my face and help me change the lives of people less fortunate than us.

To read more about the event go to www.benbikes.org.za/charitychallenge/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment